Monday, July 19, 2010

Better Infrastructure for Mumbai...Really?

Just got thinking the other day, as I was driving on a Sunday, and I saw cars whiz past me, sorry ZOOM...past me and as I saw infrastructure around getting built , and I saw cars flouting every traffic signal and some drivers delivering insults and some cars signaling me to flout some rules; Do we Indians deserve better infrastructure. As far as I think…we don’t. We don’t deserve it a bit. I am happy with the state of infrastructure now because we don’t respect it. Take the eastern express highway for instance and as you see Michael Schumacher wannabes zoom past and your mind goes to the reports of the number of deaths on that road due to speeding vehicles… I realize had this been a traffic infested road, the least people would have got away with are scrapped cars…so I guess in order to save a few lives we need the traffic.; because give an empty road and we have people driving as if a wild boar or a wild elephant is chasing them.
Just today I had a car blaring into my ears cause I stuck to the speed limit of 50 on a flyover and still a heavy jumbo car wanted to zoom ahead and wanted me to shift lanes though it clearly specifies no overtaking.
Take the Worli sea link and you realize with the initial set of reports before they put a hundred speed breakers on it, did we deserve it? Did we even respect this piece of infrastructure , which should have made our lives easier but only took a couple of lives; at first we complained, that it took a million years to built and then when it gets built, Do we even care to act like civilized human beings and drive on it.
I guess I am fine with the state of infrastructure..because I know we mumbaites don’t deserve it. I don’t deserve it, nobody staying here does. Nobody with a car and no patience does.

No comments:

Hey Idiot ..you dont have OCD...

 Hey Idiot... when you tell me that you "have OCD" and clean the table with a tissue ....you don't impress me much.. cause I t...