Friday, January 28, 2011

Happiness is my choice!!!!

Remember the last time you were happy, really happy, I mean happy...as in the heart is singing, there is a beat in every step you take, the world looks like a beautiful place. When there was not a worry in the world and all that you had on your mind is taking the next breath and how lucky you were to be so happy and alive.
I was very happy this whole week, a compliment from a senior, the good time I had with my team, a break on Wednesday, a call from mom...a kid smiling and calling out to me when I was driving past him..and I realised if I chose to I could be happy every day.
So I made a list of everything that makes me happy and I realised , so many things could make me happy but initially I have made a list so small , that when beautiful things happened to me ..i was still sad all the time...because my initial list was so material in nature...that I had to wait a long time to be happy and when it happened it passed away so soon.
For eg; I thought I would be happy when I get my new blackberry, but it doesn’t make ime happy anymore,
So that when I decided I will not limit my happiness list anymore and I will be more attentive to things that happen around me and I would be happier.
1) When my neighbour’s dog welcome me home. It jumps towards me and licks me all over.
2) After my workouts, because I just added a few minutes to my life by being healthy.
3) After I have my favourite meal at my favourite restaurant
4) When my favourite song and movie play on radio or TV.
5) When I have a hour long chat with my best friend and we remember our days.
6) When on facebook, I receive a compliment for my snap, video etc
7) When an old friend got in touch and I remember the good time I spent with him or her
8) An old crush tell you , you were indeed special to him or her too
9) You spot your old crush
10) Ur gift to someone brings a smile
11) U receive a gift
12) It’s an unplanned holiday
13) You have a nice meal and you have a nice afternoon nap after that and you get up all content
14) You have a beautiful dream and the memory of it lasts the whole day.
15) U buy a new something and receive compliments for having a good choice
16) Finding rs.10/- or Rs. 50/- in your trouser pocket after a very long time
17) When you find something you lost after a long time.
18) I tickle someone and they tickle me back.
19) When I get embarrassed and it really funny
20) When some else get embarrassed and it even funnier (this one last for years).
This list can be long and is a different list altogether.
21) When you get a compliment from your seniors.
22) When your team gets compliment and you too get the credit.
23) When someone tells you how talented and successful you are.

The list is endless...but its true...one can be happy everyday...all one needs to do, is take a break or pause for a while and think or lookout for things that can make you happy. Trust me ....its all around you.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

Awesome, very true happiness is in small things, its around you just need to realize the same.
I am liking the blog.

Hey Idiot ..you dont have OCD...

 Hey Idiot... when you tell me that you "have OCD" and clean the table with a tissue ....you don't impress me much.. cause I t...